Install laminate flooring has never been so easy!
Installation of laminate does not require special training or tools, it’s easy to make yourself.
- BEFORE FLOORING
- Heat and humidity conditions of the environment and the surface to be floored
Heat and humidity levels of the environment and the surface to be floored should meet suitable heat and relative humidity conditions before, during and after the flooring. (Average temperature of the flooring environment should be min +18 C° and the surface temperature should be min +15 CD. Relative humidity of the flooring environment should be max 75%). Before laying the laminate floor it is really important to keep the laminate in the room where it will be installed at least one day. This is to ensure that the temperature of plank is equal to the temperature of the room.
Surface to be floored
All surface to be floored with laminated parquet should be suitable for technical conditions necessary for flooring.
It should be ensured while examining the surface that the following conditions are satisfied:
- The dryness of surface,
- Checking the surface smoothness (Surface fluctuation should not exceed max 2 mm per meter),
- Strength / bearing capacity of the surface to be treated,
- Checking the rigidry of the surface,
- Purity of the surface to be floored (dust, dirt etc).
In addition to the cement finish, any previous coat on the surface such as PVC, linoleum, rubber or wooden surface coats can receive flooring, yet the above-mentioned conditions should again be satisfied for this treatment.
The laminated parquet may be applied to surfaces where water circulated and floor-heated systems are employed. In such a case, please ask for special flooring instructions from your supplier (flat or corrugated kraft paper). Furthermore, for electrical floor-heating systems (surface heat control) in case the floor is fitted into the cement finish of layer (if the heating system is not above the concrete layer), floor can be applied. The surface temperature of the ground should not exceed 28 C°. In case warranty assuring that surface temperature would not exceed 28 C° can be required from the manufacturer, adjustable plate heating system can be allowed for use as the floor surface. Common available electrical floor-heating system running with standard plates cause surface temperatures going much beyond 28 C° in the event of the excessive instantaneous temperature variations. Therefore , they are not appropriate for use as a floor surface.
Essential rules in flooring:
- PE sheet of 0.2 mm in thickness should be applied across the full area of the surface with an edge tolerance of 20 cm in superposed form for humidity isolation of the surface. Before the parquet is installed the coat should be laid to cover the whole surface in parallel to the long edge of parquet panels to ensure sound, heat and humidity isolation for the surface and eliminate surface burrs (if less than 2mm). While laying the blanket strips adjacently , the edges should be adjoined (no uncovered area left).
- As laminated parquets are laid on the surface in float system , no screwing , nailing or bonding treatment is necessary.
- Two short edge joints should be less than min. 300 mm.
- In the floored area a clearance of 15 mm should be left between the Floor-plus laminated parquet and all fixed sides (wail, central heating tube etc.)
- Parquet panels should be laid in a max lengths of 10 m and max width of 8 m. Transition profiles should be used in areas exceeding these dimensions.
- Defected and inappropriate panels should be eliminated before and during the application.